Alcohol: 14,5% vol.
Grape: 100% Touriga Nacional
Aging: 12 months in new French and Russian oak barrels.
Tasting Notes: Intense ruby colour. Intense fragrance from the variety Touriga Nacional mixed with smooth nuances of violets and black fruits; also some toasted notes. Round texture in the mouth with fine and elegant tannins. Good fruit volume and a persistent end of mouth.
Serving Temperature: Between 16ºC and 18ºC.
Gastronomy: Ideal to go along with traditional Portuguese dishes.
Prizes Quinta da Garrida Reserva Touriga Nacional 2005
Excelence Prize Prizes REVISTA DE VINHOS 2009;
17,5 Points WINE Magazine April 2009;
Silver Medal DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2009;
Silver Medal INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE 2009;
Best Wine from Dão COMISSÃO VITIVINICOLA DO DÃO 2006;
17,5 Points Blog PINGAMOR November 2009;
16,5 Points REVISTA DE VINHOS Magazine March 2010
Packaging: The storage or keeping conditions of the wine are very important if we want to preserve the wine's characteristics and guarantee a regular evolution for a long time. The storage place should guarantee:
- temperature around 10º-12º;
- some ventilation to avoid fungus proliferation;
- should allow the horizontal disposal of the bottles;
- absence of oscillations and vibrations;
- absence of unpleasant odors;
- bottles should be away from light;
- relative humidity should be high.